Hard disk not recognized

Closed
jordankronk Posts 2 Registration date Sunday June 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 2, 2013 - Jun 2, 2013 at 03:30 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jun 3, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Hello everyone,

I just had a miserable accident with my hard disk which runs OS in my Toshiba laptop. The first difficulty I faced was that my system never booted up and it keeps restarting.
I bought a new laptop and hard disk enclosure as well so I would make it an external hard drive and transfer my data to a new system.

In the first attempt after connecting I was able to view stuffs inside my other partition but never got access to my system disk which I stored most things I really need for my study (assignment)

I also tried to take ownership of that partition but I never succeeded.

After several attempts my system decided not to recognize my hard disk anymore

I won't be able to start working on my late assignments until I get this fixed :(

I would appreciate your help

Regards
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Try connecting that hard drive back to your laptop.

Even bad RAM will result in restarting problem.

Remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try another

slot. If the problem still exist then if you are having two RAMs then remove it,

place only one RAM and check the display. If you failed to get any display then

change the slot. If you still failed to get the display then try the above procedure

with the other RAM.

If the problem is from the OS then click on the below link and follow the

instructions to backup your data.

https://ccm.net/faq/12607-data-backup-when-windows-failed-to-boot

Good Luck
jordankronk Posts 2 Registration date Sunday June 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 2, 2013
Jun 2, 2013 at 04:17 PM
Hi!

Thats what I thought in the first place to check the RAM but I never gave it a try as I knew it would be OS failure. Now I have followed your first solution and it seems to be OS failure so I moved to the next solution.

After booting up from the burned disk this message appeared

"Loading kernel drivers needed to access disk drives..... Done
Searching for Puppy files in computer disk drives ...pup_428.sfs not found. Dropping out to initial-randisk console...
/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off"

So, I never got into desktop

Are you sure the disk image is complete? I have burnt 2 cds to make sure they produce the same result.

I have also run it inside 2 systems - new system and old one which has the failed hard disk.

Thanks for sharing and I really appreciate your help.

Any idea what caused the message to appear?

Assignments are still stuck :(

Regards
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 3, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Click on the below hyperlink "Puppy Linux". You can find all the information.
Puppy Linux
Good Luck