Mouse and keyboard problem

Closed
biyelasa Posts 1 Registration date Thursday April 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2013 - Jun 3, 2013 at 06:37 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jun 7, 2013 at 10:38 AM
hi my two desktop computers not working, the first one keyboard and mouse not working, i can start the computer but i can't get to desktop it says press ctrl alt del to continue, ican't press them as keybord not working. what can i do please help me guys
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jun 7, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Hi biyelasa,

Try these steps and check if these steps help:

1. Re-seat the keyboard connector directly into the computer.
2. Check for any spilled liquids on the keyboard.

3. If you are using a USB keyboard:
a. Remove all the USB devices except the USB mouse from the back of the computer.
b. Ensure the keyboard is connected to a rear USB port only.
c. Try the keyboard in a different USB port.

4. If you are using a PS/2 keyboard:
a. Check for bent or broken pins on the PS/2 plug. If bent or broken pins that cannot be repaired are found, replace the Keyboard.
b. Check for Damage to the port on the computer. If the port or the area surrounding the port is damaged, check with a technician if this can be repaired or needs replacement.

5. Swap the keyboard with a known good keyboard. If a known good keyboard works fine, replace the Keyboard.

Do reply with results.