-
Registration date
Sunday June 6, 2010
Status
Last seen
July 16, 2020
-
Hello,

I need a bit of help, please. Yesterday, as I was in hurry and wanted to copy something quickly, I chose a folder and pressed "Copy" in Total Commander (in Win XP). An alert popped up, something like "a folder does not exist / can't be read" and there were some options under it, so I clicked "as an administrator" (cause I thought it has to do something with rights, that the flash drive is unable to cooperate).

It wanted to me to add a name of the user, so I stayed with "Administrator" and when it wanted a password... I left it empty and pressed enter. Unfortunately I can't remember what it wrote afterwards, but it couldn't see the Flash drive anymore. As I was trying to put the Flash drive somewhere else, other computers can't detect the driver either.

Please help :(

In Win 8, where I am using it now, it seems that the "Settings" screen can see the device, but that's the only place where I can see it. Plus it's a place, where I can't do anything with that except removing the device.

BTW When I connect it or remove, the Windows sound appear. It just doesn't add an option of e.g. F:\ or something like that.

3 replies

Registration date
Sunday June 6, 2010
Status
Last seen
July 16, 2020

Hello,
Try this 1
Hold the Windows key and press the R key. "Run" will be opened. Type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter.
"Disk Management" will be opened. Can you see your pen drive partition in "Disk Management"?
Good Luck
Registration date
Friday June 14, 2013
Status
Last seen
June 14, 2013

Well, yeah, thank you, I can see it there, but when I check the properties, I can't find anything I can change that would help to make it readable and visible :(
Registration date
Sunday June 6, 2010
Status
Last seen
July 16, 2020

Hello,

Try this 1

Hold the Windows key and press the R key. "Run" will be opened. Type

diskmgmt.msc and press Enter.

"Disk Management" window will be opened. If you notice a partition without a

drive letter then right-click on it --> Select "Change Drive Letter and Paths..." -->

Click on "Add" button --> Add --> Select the drive letter --> Click on OK.

Good Luck
Registration date
Friday June 14, 2013
Status
Last seen
June 14, 2013

The Flash drive now has a letter (G), it finally appeared in Total Commander, but it says it's not found, when I want to choose it there.
When I look for it in explorer, it's not even there (no driver with path G:\).
(no change even after restart)
Registration date
Friday June 14, 2013
Status
Last seen
June 14, 2013

It says "no medium"
Registration date
Sunday June 6, 2010
Status
Last seen
July 16, 2020

Hello,
Try this 1
Hold the Windows key and press the R key. "Run" will be opened. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. "Device Manager" will be opened. Expand "Universal Serial Bus Controller" --> Right-click on "USB Mass Storage Device" --> Uninstall it --> Unplug your pen drive --> Restart your PC.
If the problem still exists then let me know the complete error message.
Good Luck