Help With Laptop black screen

Closed
Dertv76 Posts 1 Registration date Friday June 28, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 28, 2013 - Jun 28, 2013 at 10:52 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jun 29, 2013 at 01:41 PM
Hi,
I have an Asus laptop and when i start it it turns black but it is still lit up and i can connect it to a tv via HDMI and see the login and everything. i had the motherboard replaced a few months ago and its been fine till yesterday when it started black screening. i have tried taking out the battery and holding the power button and that has not worked.
Thanks
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 29, 2013 at 11:10 AM
SOunds to me like a flakey connection with onboard screen and video card, because the video is stil driving an output. If you can open it up, check for lose connections. If you prefer not open it up, take it back to who ever replaced the motherboard and tell them your problems, it is possilbe they didn't "LOCK" the connector when they put it back together, and a slight pump (like you would expect a laptop to survive) caused it to go loose, and it shouldn't have.

Start with that...

Have Fun!
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 29, 2013 at 01:41 PM
Hello,

Permit me to add few lines.

Try this 1

First make sure that all the connections are firmly connected.

If your are able to get the display in TV after connecting to it then check your

connections to the inverter and the backlight bulb. If the connections seems to

be good then the problem might be with your inverter or the backlight bulb. But

it's the inverter that's get failed more often than the backlight bulb. You need

to approach to your nearest Service Center so that they can troubleshoot it and

find out that component that is having a problem.

Good Luck