the problem i have is that, when i start my HP laptop(WINDOWS 7), i see the HP logo, the welcome screen appears and i can enter in my password. When the time comes for the desktop to appear, nothing happens. My screen is black BUT can only see the cursor. I tried ctrl+alt+del to see if i can get the task manager. 95% of the time nothing happens, and if somehow the task manager does come, i try and shut the laptop down, but that does not work.
What shall I do. Please advice
i did what you said. Logged into safe mode, did a system recovery, after a while laptop re-booted, saw the HP logo, welcome page came, i typed my password but again the desktop did not appear. Blank screen with the cursor visible only
thanks for the detailed reply. I went into safe mode, downloaded the malwarebites and did an entire PC scan. The scan went on for approximately 50mins. Threats found were 0.
Here is something else you should know,
yesterday, 80% of the time when i started my laptop, the desktop screen was blank with the cursor only visible, the other 20% when the desktop appears with the icons, something happened. You know the icons on the bottom right. first the time and date comes, the sound icon comes, the wireless comes and then there is that small arrow that indicates that some more icons are loading...thats where the problem occurs... the icons do not load.... the desktop get stuck..and then in 3 mins.. u no the icons that are supposed to appear.. one by one an error pops saying that the icons encountered an error and then the the screen goes blank.
thanks for the reply. i did not get the Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows start" checkbox BUT... my desktop started and was even able to use google chrome.
with that being said things seems to be moving and working. Hope it continues that way. I have no idea tho what could have gone wrong.
to make matters worse..what has happened that when i start my laptop, the hp logo comes and then an error appears. it says boot error and no hard drive located.
here is the thing. if i press ctrl+alt+del... the page skips and goes to the welcome page and the when the desktop has to load..it again fails and a blank screen appears and/or the icons on the bottom right get stuck..and the an error comes and screen goes blank.
another thing happens when i click ctrl+alt+del...if the welcome pages does not come.. i get a option for safe mode....so i am able to do normal activities for the day.
so in summary... getting a boot error/no hard drive found ERROR and desktop cannot be loaded... what do i do.. please help guys.