Norton email scanning message all over screen

Closed
dsham Posts 1 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 22, 2009 - Feb 22, 2009 at 12:29 PM
 Ringwise - Jul 24, 2010 at 08:52 PM
Hello,
Every time i boot up my pc i keep getting scanning email 1 of 1 from symantec , which then fill my entire screen, i done a virus scan, which found some trojans and removed them, i also installed spybot s&d, malwarebytes and superanti spyware which all found trojans and malware which norton did not, but i still have the same probl;en with norton email scanning and sending it seems hundreds of emails to people i dont know, i contacted norton about this and they wanted $99 to fix it, why should i pay again? If anyone out there can help i would greatly appreciate it, i really dont want to have to reinstall windows xp .
Related:

4 responses

Ben_1990 Posts 16 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 22, 2009 5
Feb 22, 2009 at 01:45 PM
Download and Install ComboFix and follow this to be on the "safe" side
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix
What happen to MY norton virus scan I already paid for please answer e-mail
You paid for a Symantec product?? That's your fault!!
dsham,

There can be several causes for what you see. If your computer scans clean and you have virus protection, then possibly the password to your Email account has been stolen. The thief is using your address to send many Emails with different From and To Email address. The thief is using your IP address.

The best course is get a good scan. Run your virus scan and adware scans until clean. Now change your Email password. Which one? The one you told your Email or browser to remember.

Good luck