Trouble reading burnt CDs and DVDs

Closed
marleytgo Posts 2 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 9, 2009 - Feb 22, 2009 at 07:56 AM
 Azmi - May 24, 2010 at 04:25 AM
Hello,
I have a Dell Dimension 4600 that is running Windows XP Professional. Last year I replaced the original CD writer with the HP dvd1040. My problems are:
1. CDs burnt with the original writer are registering as blank on both drives of my system: the 1040 and the original DVD ROM drive, BUT work on other systems.
2. CDs and DVDs that I now burn are sometime registering as blank on both drives or as blank in one or the other drive.
3. CDs and DVDs that are registering as blank on my machine work perfectly well on other machines.
4. Some CDs and DVDs burnt and working fine on other machines are registering as blank on my machine.

Any info as to how I may address these problems would be greatly appreciated.

5 responses

hi..even i ve the same problem dude.i ve an apple laptop. its not reading any burnt cds or dvds. any original cds are read properly..did u find any solution for ur problem. if so pls let me also know man.Thanks...
I too face the same problem. My lenovo Y410 doesnot read any burny CDs /DVDs , but has no problems with original CDs. Did you find a solution? Please let me know if u hv solution.
hey no .. no idea .. but i heard if you clean your drive using a > Sushree
Nov 8, 2009 at 05:57 AM
hey no .. no idea .. but i heard if you clean your drive using a cleaning cd it will become alright..
but i am not finding the ckeaning disc anywhere. if you can find it out then try that..and let me know the result..
i had da same prob usin an external dvd rom it read original disks perfect but when it cam to blanks or burnt disks it would not read it. any way i noticed that blank dvd's are thinner than original dvds so i tried pressing my dvd rom down i bit a gentle squeeze rigt after inserting da blank and it worked surprisingly. i think its a fluke and that im luvky it worked but hope it works for u
Sushree,I Have same problem with u. My Lenovo Y410 cannot read burny CDs/DVDs...Please let me know to the solution.
panamabreak Posts 10 Registration date Sunday August 31, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 23, 2009 25
Feb 23, 2009 at 04:31 AM
hi,
try using another CD drive to write your CDs.
put it in the drive and see the resut.
try to update the drivers for the CD drive.
marleytgo Posts 2 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 9, 2009
Mar 9, 2009 at 05:32 PM
Thanks for responding. Sorry for not responding sooner. Will try to find updated drivers for my drive.

Thanks again.
hi..i use a lenovo lapp and i am facing the same problem..what is wrong ?? can't be hardware problem surely??
hey no .. no idea .. but i heard if you clean your drive using a cleaning cd it will become alright..
but i am not finding the cleaning disc anywhere. if you can find it out then try that..and let me know the result..
try squeezing ur dvd drive

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
i have the same problem. one week ago i downloaded Nero 10 and yesterday tried to burn a dvd, i waited 15 min and the burning proccess completed succesfully. But when i try to read now the dvd, it won't work any more on my PC. I tried to read it on another Pc and it worked perfectly.

Why does this happens?

Does anyone have any answer?

Please e-mail me !

Thanx!