Failed to get any display

Closed
Eric Yankson Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 23, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2013 - Jul 23, 2013 at 03:44 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jul 25, 2013 at 01:54 PM
Hi
i have a desktop dell optiplex 330. I have been using it for the past two years now but it suddenly stop booting, but the CPU fan, the hard disk, CD Drive all are working but nothing shows on my monitor, please what should i do to solve the problem?

4 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jul 23, 2013 at 09:32 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

If you notice that your CPU fan is running but there is no display in the screen,

then remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try

another slot.

If you have no idea about RAM, then click on the below hyperlinks "Images".

RAM

Removing a RAM

Check your RAM also. Even bad RAM will result in display problem.

If you are having two RAMs then remove it, place only one RAM and check the

display. If you failed to get any display then change the slot. If you still failed to

get the display then try the above procedure with the other RAM.

Good Luck
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jul 24, 2013 at 06:12 AM
Hi Eric Yankson,

With permission I would like to add a few points here. The OptiPlex 330 includes a variable-state power button LED. This LED is capable of displaying five different codes or states. The code displayed by the LED can provide a wealth of information about the state of the system. Please make note of the state of the power button LED and reply with it. Also, check what pattern is displayed by the Diagnostic LEDs or the pattern of beeps (if any). The diagnostic LEDs are located on the front of the chassis between or below the headphone connector and the USB connectors.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Eric Yankson Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 23, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 at 01:25 PM
Power Led R32 and R29
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jul 25, 2013 at 01:54 PM
Hi Eric Yankson,

Please check if the power LED is one of the following:

Off - The computer does not appear to be receiving power from the power source.

Blinking Amber - The power supply is receiving power from the source but is unable to properly distribute it to the components.

Solid Amber - The power supply is functioning, but the system is not processing data.

Solid Green - The system is processing data and has, at least, begun POST tests.

Also check the diagnostic LEDs located on the front of the chassis between or below the headphone connector and the USB connectors.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6