Dell Inspirion Mini

Closed
MARCIE1998 Posts 1 Registration date Monday August 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 19, 2013 - Aug 19, 2013 at 07:25 PM
Dell_Shuchi_S Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday August 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 20, 2013   - Aug 20, 2013 at 12:46 AM
I thin i shut down my laptop too quickly last night while Skype was still shutting down. I turned it on the following night. The start up menu came up and also the options 'Launch Startup Repair (Recommended) 'Start Windows Normally'.

I picked the recommended option, to Launch Startup Repair. It looks as though it starts to turn on normally with the green loading bar. Then the screen goes blank and then the mouse comes on screen after a few minutes and it does nothing else.

I took out the battery and put it back in again but that didn't do anything.

How can I enable my laptop to start normally again?
Related:

1 response

Dell_Shuchi_S Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday August 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 20, 2013  
Aug 20, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Hi Marcie,

I am Shuchi from the Dell Social Media outreach team.

I will help you with this issue. This issue occurred due to improper shut down of the system.

Please remove the battery and charger of your system and then press the power button for 30 seconds.

Connect the battery and Charger. In case you get the various options while startup choose the option which says start windows normally.

If system does not turn on then shut down the system.

As soon as you turn on the system tap the F8 button 7-8 times. Choose option that says safe mode with networking.

In case system does not boot in safe mode as well, turn off the system.

Keep the Fn button pressed and then turn on the start button. Release the buttons once tests start running on the system.

Note if you get any error messages.

In case you have any further doubts or queries, Please feel free to contact me directly by sending a reply to this blog.

We would recommend you do not post your private information on a public forum.

Thanks & Regards

Dell_Shuchi_S

Dell Social Media Responder