Please Help locked out! Can't even start up with cd.

Closed
justjenny420 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday August 8, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 21, 2013 - Aug 21, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 22, 2013 at 06:07 AM
Hello,

I got a MacBook Pro, some chick was going to toss it,she got a new one. Anyway she doesn't remember her admin password. It won't let me start up from the cd. I tried the suggestions on this forum ie. going into user mode and trying to trick Mac and create a new admin.. Alas no luck. Now it won't even start up. It's running snow leapord. PLEASE HELP, following your advice has made this MacBook Pro into a useless paperweight. Here are the last few lines on MacBook after starting up with command+s

com.apple.launchd 1 com.apple.launchd 1 *** launchd[1] has started up.***
Single user boot -- fsck not done
Root device is mounted read-only

If you want to make modifications to files:
/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount/ -uw /

If you wish to boot the system:
exit

:/ root#

All this MacBook will do now is chime then apple pops up, then load wheel spins and spins and spins...that's it. Can anyone help? Thanks

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Aug 22, 2013 at 06:07 AM
Greetings,

We are terribly sorry but Kioskea cannot help you to recover your lost password, because you can't prove to anybody on this forum that you are the legitimate owner.