Windows Vista Laptop with Broken screen Wont work HELP!!!!

Closed
elseytd Posts 2 Registration date Thursday August 22, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 24, 2013 - Aug 22, 2013 at 11:19 PM
elseytd Posts 2 Registration date Thursday August 22, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 24, 2013 - Aug 24, 2013 at 05:25 PM
I have a 2010 Hp G60 laptop with a broken screen, I used to work fine when I connect it with HDMI and it over heated one day now it wont work. Now don't say it was my TV or My HDMI cable because its not, I know. I usually start it up and the orange light on my power button will stay orange for 5 seconds then turn blue. Now when i start it up it stays orange. It worked fine before but now this happens, Please help.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 23, 2013 at 08:52 AM
Good Morning,

How frustrating. I am a bit confused by your situation though. Please forgive me, but do you wish to fix your broken screen, your tv, or does you laptop not boot.

I am sorry, I am simple and I cannot discern your problem from the description, except that you know it isn't the cable.

If the laptop boots, but won't connect to tv, try changing the order you turn everything on, so turn your tv on, then boot up your laptop, or vice versa.

Have you tried another HDMI device in the tv to make certain the HDMI port is good? Have you tried it an another HDMI port?

I have read that it worked before, but something to understand is, overheating can cause serious issues, so you may to accept the overheating caused permanant damage.

Also, please understand, HDMI is not a standard, so not every device speaks the same HDMI languge.

elseytd Posts 2 Registration date Thursday August 22, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 24, 2013
Aug 24, 2013 at 05:25 PM
I'm pretty sure it over heated but if there is a way to fix it that would be helpful. What i think is that it is on a CMD screen like when you start it up it shows different settings, but i don't know how to select them since the screen is broken and the HDMI only works when it gets to the user selection