Please try the below mentioned steps and reply with results:
1. Please start the computer and enter System Setup (BIOS).
2. Restore System Setup fields to Defaults and clear NVRAM (if available).
3. Shut down the computer and disconnect Battery, AC Adapter and external devices.
4. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then release the power button.
5. Re-connect the AC Adapter and Battery only and power on the computer.
6. Start tapping the F8 key and boot to the Safe Mode.
8. In the "Safe Mode" press and hold "Windows key" on the keyboard and press the key "R".
9. Run dialog box will be displayed.
10. Type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotations marks) and hit Enter.
11. Expand "Keyboards", right click the listed keyboard(s) and select "Uninstall".
12. Restart the computer and wait for the keyboard drivers to load.
13. Check the functionality of the keyboard now.
Note: you will find steps to perform steps 1-2 in the Manual of the laptop.
Shut down the laptop, removed battery and cable for a moment, press and hold the start button for 60 seconds... and replace the battery.. start the lap top.. if that does not work a technician is a must.