Read this article to fix the problem if your CTRL, Num Pad or Fn keys stopped working correctly.
How to repair laptop Control keys that have stopped working?
To fix this issue, the steps are quite simple. On your keyboard, locate and press the ALT + ctrl + fn keys. This should repair the problem.
If this doesn't work, double-check that the keys themselves aren't clogged with dust or other dirt by cleaning out your keyboard with a specialised keyboard cleaner. Use the steps outlined in this article to correctly clean your keyboard.
How to unlock Function (Fn) key?
If your keyboard is producing numbers instead of letters, hold down the Function key (Fn) on your keyboard in order to be able to write normally.
If this doesn't work, try pressing Fn + Numlk or, depending on the model, Fn + Shift + Numlk. On an IBM Thinkpad, press Shift + Scroll Lock Num.
How to fix your Num Pad in Excel?
If you are a Mac user, you may have encountered the following problem: suddenly, your Num pad of your extended keyboard stops working in Excel. You may have tried pressing all the F keys without success. The solution is elsewhere and is very simple: just press the Shift key and the Clear key at the same time. If you are struggling to find the Clear key on your keyboard, it is the key just above the 7.
And that's all - your Num pad is supposed to work perfectly fine in Excel.
- Ctrl key not working
- Control key not working
- Ctrl button not working
- How to delete with ctrl key > Guide
- Fix reversed Caps Lock key: on Windows, Mac > Guide
- The Left Ctrl. is not working in IBM Thinkpad T-40 Laptop [solved] > Forum - Keyboard
- Control keys not working on laptop [solved] > Forum - Laptop
- Shift key not working correctly: on Windows or Mac > Guide
- How to type @ on keyboard: Mac, Windows, laptop
- Type 'E' with an acute accent: on Mac, Windows, in Word
- How to type the pipe character on Mac?
- Keyboard won't type letters or numbers: wireless, laptop
- How to insert brackets and curly braces on Mac keyboard?
- How to fix your keyboard typing numbers instead of letters?
- Fix keyboard using shortcuts: Windows 10/8/7
- Insert a tilde sign: on Mac, Windows
- QWERTY vs AZERTY keyboards: change layout, quickly switch
- Enable the on-screen keyboard: on Ubuntu, Mac, Windows, Android
- Backslash on Mac: UK, German, French, AZERTY keyboards
- Mac numpad: keyboard, shortcuts, emulator
- Type accented uppercase letters: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
- Disable foreign keyboard: on Windows, Mac, Chromebook
- Type the π (pi) sign: in Excel, on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
- A key types the wrong sign: how to fix?
- Keyboard shortcuts to change language: on Windows, Mac
- Backspace not working in Word: 365, 2016
- Acer function keys not working Windows 10
- Type an underscore sign: Android, Windows, Mac, iPhone
- How to change keyboard language on Acer laptop