August 28, 2013
-
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 27, 2020
-
Hi My name Is Graham and I have a problem with my keyboard every time I press the £ sign I get the hash sign # can you help me please

1 reply

Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 27, 2020
To set it up specifically in Word only, click on Insert, click on Symbol..., click on the down-pointing triangular arrow beside the Font: box which probably says "Symbol", scroll up to the top of the list where it says (Normal Text), click on (Normal Text), the £ sign should be about 13 squares across on the fourth row about seven squares after the lower-case z, click on the £ sign which should jump up big and blue (actually white on a blue background to be correct), click on the Shortcut Key... button, there should be a blinking cursor in the box titled "Press new shortcut key:", press and hold down the Alt key while you tap the L key, "Alt+L" should appear in the box, click the Assign button, then click the Close button, then click the other Close button.

From now on, if you type Alt+L (i.e. hold down the Alt key while tapping the L key) in Word, it will insert the £ sign where the cursor is in your Word document at the moment you release the Alt key.

OR

Press in another programme press alt+0163

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!