Microsoft validation.

Solved/Closed
andymacp Posts 2 Registration date Monday September 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 2, 2013 - Sep 2, 2013 at 05:54 AM
mashby Posts 3 Registration date Monday September 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 2, 2013 - Sep 2, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Can someone please enlighten me as to why I have always to phone Microsoft regarding validation. I bought Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and installed it on quite a few occasions due to the system going bonkers and not behaving as expected. I would re-install and activate and all would be well. Recently after installation I have tried to activate and been told to phone the recorded help line then quote the on-screen numbers and install the response numbers. This happens every time now and I find this a hassle. I bought the disc and all this palaver, to me, is unnecessary. Is this Microsoft being paranoid or is it me? I look forward to your responses and opinions with great interest. Thank you.

1 response

mashby Posts 3 Registration date Monday September 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 2, 2013 6
Sep 2, 2013 at 08:32 AM
I don't think it is you being paranoid. Throw it all back onto Microsoft. I have had similar problems when re-installing the same version of Windows 7 for the same reasons as you. I assume Microsoft want anyone not using Windows 8 to get so frustrated with them that people will eventually change OS. Don't do it. Windows 8 is a nightmare. I would also avoid any more recorded help lines if this happens again. Email them or try to contact a real person and demand they fix it or ask for your money back. Consumers have rights that large companies seem to ignore - Facebook campaigns work really well if they don't listen to you. Also, remember if you are asking these questions, guaranteed others out there also have the same problem. You are not alone!
andymacp Posts 2 Registration date Monday September 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 2, 2013
Sep 2, 2013 at 09:55 AM
Thanks,Mashby, I will keep that in mind. Like you I have tried Windows 8 and hated it. There is no way I would even consider buying it. Microsoft are quick to point out that you buy the licence not the product. For nearly £200 I think they have a nerve. I hope that I do not have to re-install for some time but will keep your excellent advice in mind. Thank you.
mashby Posts 3 Registration date Monday September 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 2, 2013 6
Sep 2, 2013 at 10:18 PM
You are more than welcome