Integrate Webcam of Dell Inspiron 3521 is not detected

Closed
labeeb Posts 1 Registration date Monday September 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 2, 2013 - Sep 2, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Sep 3, 2013 at 01:31 PM
I have dell inspiron 3521 with windows 7 installed on it.Problem is my webcam is not detected in the device manager,I have installed Dell Webcam Central and skype but both do not find the device.There is no imaging device in dell as there should be. I tried ubuntu too,there also webcam was not detected. I run diagnostics and all tests were passed but still webcam is not detected,its extremely frustrating and only thing I dislike about my laptop. Please tell me how can I fix this? I bought it a month ago it came with ubuntu I installed windows 7,webcam also worked normally then with Skype.
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Sep 3, 2013 at 01:31 PM
Hi labeeb,

The only way to test Dell Webcam is "Webcam (Video Capture) Diagnostics". This is available at this link. If you have not run this test, please run this test and check for the results. This test may take some time so please wait for the test to complete. Once the test completes make note of any errors returned and add the same in your reply.

Do reply with results.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6