Condintional Formatting for Dates

Closed
GoBlue Posts 1 Registration date Friday September 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 6, 2013 - Sep 6, 2013 at 12:47 PM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 9, 2013 at 07:27 PM
I am working on a spreedsheet to track mulitple people and the dates they signed a wavier. Everyone has different dates they signed. I would like to formatt the cells to turn Orange when the date is 3 months out, and Red when it is 1 month out because every year from the date of signed, they need to re-sign. How do I go about this, Thank you.

4 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 6, 2013 at 07:44 PM
Dear GoBLue,

What version of what spreadsheet? Conditional formatting depends on the software being used. Please let us know what spreadsheet software you are using.

Have you read the tutorial on Conditional formatting?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-conditional-formatting-to-highlight-information-fed60dfa-1d3f-4e13-9ecb-f1951ff89d7f?redirectsourcepath=%252fen-us%252farticle%252fconditional-formatting-6b6f7c2a-5d62-45a1-8f67-584a76776d67&ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

Have Fun!

I am using Excel 2010.
Blocked Profile
Sep 9, 2013 at 12:36 PM
After reading the tutorial, do you still have any questions?
Yes because of how I need this to work. I need to the spreed sheet to read the current date (=today()) then look at my list and any date on the list that is 9 months out turn Orange or Red when 11 months out.

I.E.

Josh 1-JAN-13
Tim 20-MAY-13
Anna 15-FEB-13

On November 1st, I would need Josh to turn Orange , on December 1st Josh would need to go Red and Anna would need to be Orange. So I need to wrtie a formula that has a cell read the date cell and calculate it to see how many months out is the date and then condintional formatting turn it a color.

Hope this is making sense and that I'm explaining what I need....
Blocked Profile
Sep 9, 2013 at 01:34 PM
Ok, well I hope this isn't for school as a project.....

So, to get the difference in dates, you would use something like...
Assuming Today is in A1 and your checking SIGN ON DATE of "E3". Both cells formatted as dates.
Cell A2=MONTH(A1)-MONTH(E3)

Then, if you name was in cell F3- you would start a conditional format that says.....
"Formula: =$A$2<3 SOME ORANGE FORMATTING"
"Formula: =$A$2<=1 SOME RED FORMATTING"

I hope this helps.

No, this is for work not school.

This has helped a lot and got me what I needed, I just have to format each cell individually but it works. Thank you for your help!
Blocked Profile
Sep 9, 2013 at 07:27 PM
Rite ON! Cool deal! You can make it macro, but then again, the operative would be.....

YOU!!!

I am glad I could help,. I hope you continue....

Have Fun!