Vista is stuck on Welcome screen.

Closed
jennjen1971 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday September 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 10, 2013 - Sep 10, 2013 at 10:59 PM
GeorgeRattel Posts 67 Registration date Monday September 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 15, 2013 - Sep 11, 2013 at 03:33 AM
I have a Gateway laptop with Vista OS. It is turning on, no weird sounds, however it has to be plugged into the wall to start. Once it lets me enter password it goes to "welcome" screen and the circle continues to rotate like it is trying to start, but it never does. I tried to start in "Safe Mode" but it doesn't start there either. I tried doing ctrl-alt-del at the same time on the stuck "Welcome" screen to do "task manager" but it never comes into play. IT DOES NOTHING!! What can I do? S.O.S.

3 responses

GeorgeRattel Posts 67 Registration date Monday September 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 15, 2013 11
Sep 11, 2013 at 03:15 AM
try re installing windows all you need is a cd/dvd or a bootable usb of the same version of windows vista you have
GeorgeRattel Posts 67 Registration date Monday September 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 15, 2013 11
Sep 11, 2013 at 03:18 AM
note that when you enter the CD you should BOOT from it, you do that by changing the boot order from the BIOS or through the boot menu that appears on startup after pressing a certain function key, so read what it's written at the bottom of the screen when your computer starts!
other than that, after booting, choose the repair option, if this failed you might have to re install windows but i doubt this happens!
anyway keep me updated!
Sep 11, 2013 at 03:33 AM
Try re installing windows all you need is a cd/dvd or a bootable usb of the same version of windows vista you have
Report GeorgeRattel - Sep 11, 2013 03:18AM
note that when you enter the CD you should BOOT from it, you do that by changing the boot order from the BIOS or through the boot menu that appears on startup after pressing a certain function key, so read what it's written at the bottom of the screen when your computer starts!
other than that, after booting, choose the repair option, if this failed you might have to re install windows but i doubt this happens!
anyway keep me updated!