My Acer laptop is stuck on the Acer loading screen

Solved/Closed
Phy4life - Updated on Jan 30, 2019 at 09:01 AM
 Acer_User - Jan 10, 2021 at 05:05 PM
Hello,

My laptop is stuck on the Acer screen and it turns into a black screen. I want to get back home screen. What should I do?

Thanks!

1 reply

KY_WD
Registration date
Thursday October 23, 2014
Status
Last seen
February 28, 2017
Apr 11, 2016 at 10:50 AM
Hello Phy4life,

The reason that you can't pass the loading screen is that the laptop's system does not detect the HDD and cannot load the operating system from it. My suggestion is to restart your laptop and to press the respective F key in order to enter into the BIOS menu. Then, under BOOT, check the boot priority and if the HDD is not set as a first boot device, set it manually. Press F10 to Save and restart again.

Hope this helps.
Had the same issue, followed your instructions and it worked out, thank so much from a college student!
KY_WD
Registration date
Status
Last seen
February 28, 2017
119 > Almost cried
Apr 13, 2016 at 03:36 AM
Hey, I'm so happy that it worked out!! :)
I'm glad that I helped. :)
hi, i am experiencing the same problem.i tried doing the same but when i save and restart my laptop it just goes back to the same blinking screen with the acer logo again..what should i do? pls help
KY_WD
Registration date
Status
Last seen
February 28, 2017
119 > liz
Jul 6, 2016 at 07:41 AM
Hello liz,

In order to get a better visibility of the problem, you need to open a new topic in the forum so you can get help from more people. Please tell me, does your laptop still have warranty? If it doesn't, I suggest you to pull the charger and the battery out, open the lid and take out the CMOS battery for some minutes. After that, plug it back in and try to boot your laptop with the battery or the charger.

Let me know if that worked for you.
Which F key?