Computer will sometimes not boot

Closed
Michael2009 - Feb 24, 2009 at 04:19 PM
 Michael2009 - Feb 24, 2009 at 05:53 PM
Hello, I am trying to sort out my little brothers pc, The problem I am having is that the pc will sometimes but up fully sometimes it won't, The CPU goes from a 2200+ to a 1500+ why is it doing this.
It still shows full 2gb Memory, Its now getting very frustrating as usually i can get a pc working quickly but this is driving me mad.
Any Ideas on what could be wrong, If i removed the battery and change the jumper then put it back it will boot up as a 2200+ cpu.
I am close to thinking its the PSU but then it could be the motherboard...

Any help would be great.
Thanks Michael
Related:

3 responses

wires and plugs Posts 51 Registration date Monday January 26, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 24, 2010 10
Feb 24, 2009 at 05:30 PM
Have you tried to upgrade the bios or resetting to defaults? maybe one of the bus or IRQ settings got changed.
Hi thanks for the reply. The Bios is updated, I have tried doing the jumpers and the battery it will boot up but once i restart it then it drops down from a 2200+ to a 1500+ and then will freeze out, the memory is new and that stills shows up as 2gb.
It has been running for an hour so far but i have not tried to restart it.

How would one of the IRQ or Buss settings get changed as i do not touch anything in the bios apart from the date and time..

Thanks Michael
I forgot to add that if i remove the memory and boot it i get the warning beeps.
I have also tried default settings and fail safe settings....