Comparing text values in 2 Excel sheets

Closed
MD763 Posts 2 Registration date Friday October 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 4, 2013 - Oct 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 4, 2013 at 05:19 PM
Greetings all,

I am looking to compare the text values in 2 Excel sheets and output them to a 3rd sheet.
Trying this in Excel 2010, and am a little rusty, not sure if I should use an "If" statement or a Vlookup function on this. The 1st sheet contains the master information, user ID's in column A (a2 and onward), and the applications they need in column B (b2 and onward). The second sheet contains the user ID's and the applications they have been assigned, in the same format. I would like to compare the 2 sheets, and have the differences (user ID's and applications not assigned), output to a 3rd sheet. Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer on this.
Related:

3 responses

Mazzaropi Posts 1985 Registration date Monday August 16, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 24, 2023 147
Oct 4, 2013 at 05:12 PM
We are not interested in your private data.
We are trying help you, as you asked.

Describe at least how are your layout with more details.
Do it better than the previous description.

I believe that I can help you.
Mazzaropi Posts 1985 Registration date Monday August 16, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 24, 2023 147
Oct 4, 2013 at 01:36 PM
Good afternoon.

You can use both.
But it depends strictly about layout of your spreadsheet.

Please, to decide which solution is better, save your file at any free site and put the link here. You can use www . sendspace . com.

Greetings from Brazil
MD763 Posts 2 Registration date Friday October 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 4, 2013
Oct 4, 2013 at 03:56 PM
Mazzaropi,

Unfortunately, I cannot do that, as the used ID's are confidential company info, and I am blocked from sending the file to that site by company policy. Thanks for the help anyway.
Blocked Profile
Oct 4, 2013 at 05:19 PM
How is the data structured? This is what we are trying to help with.

What do you think your "CLIENT" (as you are free lance) would say about you asking for help with something that you probably already told them that you could do?

We are only trying to help. So please post back with some generic data, in REAL structure.