Dell Inspiron 3520 Black screen while on

Closed
Charlie Carter Posts 1 Registration date Saturday 19 October 2013 Status Member Last seen 19 October 2013 - 19 Oct 2013 à 13:54
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday 23 September 2012 Status Member Last seen 13 December 2018 - 21 Oct 2013 à 21:14
Hello,

A couple of weeks ago my laptop fell off a table and I broke the lcd. After purchasing a new lcd, and replacing it myself, the computer works fine except I get no picture on the screen. It works when I connect it to an external monitor, I used my t.v. via hdmi, but I don't know what the problem is. Could it be the lcd inverter even though it is a brand new lcd or did I connect the cables wrong? Any advice would be appreciated, than you very much.

p.s. I have a Dell Inspiron 3520 if that helps.

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday 23 September 2012 Status Member Last seen 13 December 2018 69
21 Oct 2013 à 21:14
Hi Charlie Carter,

Apparently the problem is with the LCD unit and not the Graphics Card (Motherboard). Please check this video for additional steps on no video troubleshooting:

Please check this video for additional steps on no video troubleshooting:

How to Troubleshoot a Laptop Screen That Won't Turn On

If updating the BIOS doesn't fix the issue, please reply with the Dell Part Number of the Original LCD Screen and the Replacement Screen.

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.