PC TO SLOW

Closed
troy44 Posts 15 Registration date Sunday August 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 31, 2015 - Oct 23, 2013 at 08:53 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Oct 24, 2013 at 08:27 PM
Can someone please give me advice. if i switch on my pc it takes long to show my icons and even if i want to go on internet it is slow. i have firefox. i got a dell pc, the small one.

thank you very much guys
Related:

7 responses

Blocked Profile
Oct 23, 2013 at 09:45 AM
Troy, Good Morning.

A PC/LAPTOP is like an animal. It needs to watered, walked, and brushed.

When do you perform routine maintenance on your machine? When do you clean the cage?

I suggest starting with emptying internet cache, and possibly defragging your drive.

Your animal may have outgrown its cage!

You may also be low on HDD space, as your machine needs a good 20% left free to continue to operate in an optimal manner. Look at your main drive, if it has less than 20% free space, you need to free up some space to let it move data.

Please post back, as this could just be step one.
Bridget. Posts 3816 Registration date Monday July 16, 2012 Status Contributor Last seen February 21, 2014 6
Oct 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Hello Troy,

I advice you to do this diagnosis scan to see why your pc is "suffering".
It is very effective, fast (about 10 minutes) and very easy (level : beginner).
You need just to follow these instructions :

1) Download ZHPDiag software here :
https://ccm.net/download/download-23176-zhpdiag#q=zhpdiag&cur=2&url=/

Proceed to the software installation
The installation is in french. You will see, seven windows.
The first five windows, click "Suivant" (Next)
The sixth , click "Installer" (Install)
The last window click "Terminer" (Finish)

The installation done, you will see two new icons on your desktop : ZHPDiag (parchment) and ZHPFix (syringe).
ZHPDiag is both the software name and a part of the software (to do the scans)

2) To do a diagnosis scan :

- Under windows xp : open the tool par double-click on ZHPDiag icon (parchment)
You must have administrator privileges on the pc.
- Under Vista, 7 and 8 : open the tool by right click on ZHPDiag icon (parchment),
then choose "Run as administrator".

When the tool is opened, you will see two large buttons
Click on "Configure".

Inside the new window, at left, you will see three magnifying glasses.
--> Read on and close your browser and all what is opened

Then click the magnifying glass of the middle and wait without doing anything.
The software may stay a few minutes on a line, it's normal. Don't restart it.
At the end of the diagnosis, a log will appear in the notepad.

3) To transmit the log :

Right click on the text of the log and choose "Select all"
Right click again on the text and choose : "Copy"
Go there : http://pjjoint.malekal.com
Right click to paste the report on the site hosting.
Then click "Send".

You will obtain a link. Copy it and post it in your reply.
I shall be able to see what happens and to bring you some help.
If you have any question, don't editate to ask :)
Regards. Bridget.
troy44 Posts 15 Registration date Sunday August 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 31, 2015 1
Oct 23, 2013 at 01:44 PM
Thanks a lot bridget appreciate it.
troy44 Posts 15 Registration date Sunday August 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 31, 2015 1
Oct 23, 2013 at 02:00 PM
i tried bridget, downloaded it but thats as far as i get, i dont get the 2 icons on desktop

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 23, 2013 at 04:05 PM
Hi troy44,

With permission from other responders I would like to add a few points here. @ troy44 it seems more of a software related issue as the problem begins after the computer starts into Windows. "ac3mark" and "Bridget." have indeed provided very useful tips.

Computer running slow can also occur if there are some hardware related issues such as overheating or hard drive problems. It is advised that you run Dell Diagnostics to determine any hardware failure. Click here to find steps on how to run Dell 32-bit Diagnostics. If your computer is any of the newer Dell Models you can run ePSA, below mentioned video might be useful:

Diagnose Hardware Issues on Your Dell Computer

If you sense overheating issues with your computer below mentioned tips might be useful:

1. It is recommended to use the computer in a Room temperature of 0°C to 35°C (32°F to 95°F) with a Humidity level no greater than 90%.
2. Use compressed air to clean the vents on a regular basis. Sometimes the accumulated dust is not visible by simply looking at the vents. To properly clean the vents:
a. Power off the System
b. Unplug the power source
c. Remove the peripherals (if any)
d. Use `Compressed Air Can' to blow the dust out of the vents. Do not use your mouth to blow the dust out of a fan or vents. Use the `can' according to the directions on the side of the `can' as you can cause damage to the computer if used incorrectly.
3. Outdated BIOS can cause heat issues by having an outdated temperature table for the system. Click here to know how to get the most updated BIOS for your Dell computer.

Note: Plug your computer to a good, working UPS before you update the BIOS. If you experience a loss of AC power or a significant voltage sag/spike during the BIOS flash, you will either have to buy a new BIOS chip or buy a new motherboard.

Please reply if this helps.

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.
Oct 23, 2013 at 04:35 PM
Thanks man but i think i will have to get somebody to show me this seeing im not such a boffin yet
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 24, 2013 at 08:27 PM
Hi troy44,

What is the exact System Model Number of your Dell Laptop?

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.