Getting sick of my computer

Solved/Closed
dimestoretiamat Posts 5 Registration date Monday May 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 4, 2013 - Oct 29, 2013 at 10:20 AM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 5, 2013 at 09:57 AM
Alright so here is the story behind my issue. I am taking a hardware class and figured I could upgrade my processor to get me more speed. I bought a new motherboard, processor, and 8 gigs of RAM. I figured my newly tricked out computer would run like a dream. How wrong I was. I got the new hardware in my computer correctly (quadruple checking to make sure I didn't screw up) but now I can't use my computer at all. Here are the symptoms:

The monitor shows no connection, though power is clearly running to it and to the motherboard (fans are running)

It seems like there is no power going to the USB mouse or keyboard, but the light goes on on my USB Wireless Adaptor

I hope you guys can help. I have been working on this computer for almost a week and I am starting to lose patience with it.
Related:
  • Getting sick of my computer
  • Sick pou - Download - Children

8 responses

Blocked Profile
Oct 29, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Hang in there.

So you built your own computer, way to go! It sounds alot more than upgrading your processor.

When it POSTs, does it beep?

So the new motherboard, have you installed the latest and greatest drivers for the board?

When you loaded the OS, did the video work then? IF it did while your building, but it doens't know that the OS is loaded, update the drivers.

Double check you cable connections? IF your video cable is attached to the MB, then we know you have integrated graphics, so it isn't as easy as a missing video card.

So the PC make and model, what was it? What did you change it to? What OS are you using?

Did your hardware class teach you about REQUIREMENTS? Did YOU check to make certain all of your components(hardware) have met the REQUIREMENTS for your project?

Please post back, we can make it work!

dimestoretiamat Posts 5 Registration date Monday May 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 4, 2013
Oct 29, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Right, some specs would make it easier to find the problem :P Alright I will answer all these questions in order:

I get no bleep codes when I boot. The monitor just says 'no signal'.

I have not loaded the drivers yet. I haven't quite got that far.

The OS is not loading, or if it is I cannot see it on the monitor.

I am using integrated graphics and it is connected correctly.

Before I had a AMD E-450 APU Dual Core in there, now I have a FM2-A75IA-E53 motherboard and a AMD A10 Quadcore. I am running Windows 7 Home Deluxe.

As far as requirements go I am fairly sure I checked them and they were in the green.
Blocked Profile
Oct 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM
OK. Thank you.

So, when you get to the BIOS screen the monitor works, right?

Make certain your motherboard BIOS has PLUG AND PLAY ENABLED.

Enable that, and check to make certain the VGA output is set.

Post back.
dimestoretiamat Posts 5 Registration date Monday May 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 4, 2013
Oct 29, 2013 at 07:17 PM
Sorry but I don't even get to the BIOS screen. When I turn on my computer and my monitor all I see is no signal.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Blocked Profile
Oct 30, 2013 at 01:58 PM
And it is a Known Good monitor?
Oct 30, 2013 at 02:04 PM
Indeed. It worked just fine before I started fiddling with my computer's innards.
Blocked Profile
Oct 30, 2013 at 02:06 PM
Ok, pull the ram, and boot without ram, tell me what happens.

Hang in there.
Nov 4, 2013 at 09:48 PM
I feel really stupid now. Turns out the PS didn't have enough juice. I got it sorted and now it runs great.
Blocked Profile
Nov 5, 2013 at 09:57 AM
Good Deal!