Laptop won't turn on--flashes blue and black

Closed
SteveHarley Posts 1 Registration date Saturday November 9, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 9, 2013 - Nov 9, 2013 at 09:40 AM
 Dirty Kasper - Dec 16, 2015 at 08:47 PM
So a few months ago I was typing up an essay on Microsoft Word and my screen went black. This wasn't unusual, since it happened a lot, but when I tried to turn the computer back on the monitor started flashing between blue and black. The computer got really hot, so I turned it back off and decided to let it cool down. The problem continued over the next few days, and since I didn't have enough money to get it looked at I agreed to share my roommate's computer.

Now, two months later, the computer continues to have the same problem. It turns on, flashes bright colors, and gets really hot. Then all of these weird white and grey lines pop up on the screen.

How do I fix this?

Additional details: The computer is an HP Compaq Pavilion g4 and it is four years old.
Related:

1 response

anjana03 Posts 209 Registration date Tuesday February 9, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 26, 2014 57
Nov 9, 2013 at 11:42 AM
according to you ,ur computer is getting hot , its means there isnot problem of softwere , its main casue is cpu fan problem , it(fan) is not working properly so we should take techniqucin help. thanks
Press the power button when the makers icon shows up force turn it off...do that three times and diagnostic will pop up if you didn't overheat the CPU....