NO DISPLAY

Closed
shirbb Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 8, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 8, 2014 - Jan 8, 2014 at 04:39 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 10, 2014 at 04:51 PM
SOMEONE GAVE ME A SOCKT 478 MB
it has 1 long beeeeeeeeep with no ram.and iv tried working ram from a working pc
with ram in there is no display.no post beep ,using a monitor that works on other pc ,so its not the monitor. keyboard lights come on mouse etc .can hear hd spinning.everything is working just no display .what could be the problem.not using grafics card. i did however try it with a grafics card .still no display

5 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 8, 2014 at 05:05 PM
shirbb,

Slow down. We can appreciate one that loves a challenge, but please one at a time.

The 1 long beep should give you an indication....
Check your power supply against your draw......what is the wattage of the PS?

Are all of the hardware of the same "generation"? In other words, are you using an older monitor/newer monitor with an older video card?

Is this the same machine as the previous post?
its a AtI XP300 yes all same generation.psu is 130 watts
all the hardware iv tested on another socket 748 and it works
when i heard the single long beep i thought def ram .but then i put in ram that works on another pc and no luck
sorry mean 230 watt ps
Blocked Profile
Jan 10, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Get a bigger PS!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Blocked Profile
Jan 10, 2014 at 04:51 PM
OK, so you tested in another working machine, so build it using that machine, and use thast machines parts to make the onther one work....see!

Take out the part that you were using in the production and see if it fails in the older board. If the problem moves, then it is the component!

Take your time, and it is the simplest of stuff that will hang you!

Let Us KNOW!