The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable

Closed
maoz23 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday January 14, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 14, 2014 - Jan 14, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Fractus1 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday January 14, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 14, 2014 - Jan 14, 2014 at 01:36 PM
i saw the answer to that question here and still didn't solve for some reason it seems that when it fix my hard drive with CMD its running but never finish i can wait a few hours and still not working. i have the same message when i connect my hard drive to my computer when the comp ask me if i want to do a scan to the hard drive or skip it.. same way it just start and shortly after just never finish the fixing of the drive... what should i do?

1 response

Fractus1 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday January 14, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 14, 2014
Jan 14, 2014 at 01:36 PM
It sounds like your index/FAT_table is corrupted.

I suggest that you find a way to back up all your data. You have a few options, If you have access to the internet and are able to download then try one of these as a live cd. There are tests on here to repair and check your hard drive as well as recover data if that is what you need. I would be cautious though and if it all works out still back up your data but be prepared to buy another HD

http://jrx-amazing.blogspot.com/2011/01/free-boot-cd-repair-tool.html