Cannot open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE: Error while

Closed
jill - Mar 2, 2009 at 03:27 AM
mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 - Mar 2, 2009 at 11:11 PM
I have this problem.. but i cant fix it..

I logged on to a network computer and the a dialogue box shows up with the message.

cannot open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE: Error while opening key

can anyone explain it to me?
Related:

2 responses

Tweedledum Posts 181 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2009 125
Mar 2, 2009 at 04:31 AM
Thats a registry error, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE is a registry value, one has obviously been corrupted, to view or edit registry keys type regedit into your run box on the start menu. Dont edit them though or you will kill your computer, for safety i would advise doing a repair with your OS disk, its the easiest hassle free way to deal with this, you could probably find a way of editing the registry correctly but its far more liely you will just do more damage
mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 41
Mar 2, 2009 at 11:11 PM
editing registry files and values without proper knowlege is a bigger threat than a virus to ur comp

the best and the safest way 4 this prob is

I sugeest u to use the system restore option to the date earlier on which u encounterd the problem

ur problem will be solved by it

awaiting 4 any queries or comments

Melisio Mascarenhas
India-Mumbai
mikethedike