No sound on Xp

Closed
Kory221 Posts 2 Registration date Monday January 27, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 28, 2014 - Jan 27, 2014 at 02:33 PM
 kory221 - Feb 2, 2014 at 11:02 AM
Help!

I realy need help i have tried so many ways to fix the sound but none of them helped!
After reinstaling windows i have been trying so many ways, i have tried the original driver and nothing!

Please HELP!
Related:

4 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 27, 2014 at 05:21 PM
Firstly, please If I may;

What broke the SOUND?

The original driver may not work. You need the UPDATED driver.

Did you update the Windows OS all the way to the latest and greatest?

You should be on XP SP3!

So, what version of OS? If YOU MADE CHANGES to your machine, did you verify that you could make those changes with the hardware you have prior to starting the work?

Let us know.

//ark
-Moderator/Contributor
Kory221 Posts 2 Registration date Monday January 27, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 28, 2014
Jan 28, 2014 at 05:42 AM
I reinstalled the windows (sp3) after that is: no sound device found, it gives that code:10 error. The driver yust dont start in hardware i didnt change anything i tried the latest driver avaliable and nothing!
I have an old Intel 845PE motherboard!
I think i did update the windows all the way to the latest!
Help please!
Blocked Profile
Jan 31, 2014 at 09:34 AM
Ok, Kory221. Hang in there. So when I GOOGLE up your chipset, the first thing
that intel tells you is, that if you just installed the OS, then you need this:
INF Update Utility -? Primarily for Intel® 800 Series Chipsets

Did you just install the operating system? If you did not, then you do not need to install the Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility.

OS: Windows Server 2003 *, Windows Server 2003 Stan .. More> Windows Server 2003 *, Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition*, Windows 2000 *, Windows 98 SE*, Windows Me*, Windows XP Home Edition*, Windows XP Professional*

Look at the above statement, it says if you did not you do not need it, you did, you do need it.

I found that chipset download at:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?ws=text#t=Downloads&sort=%40docdatetime%20descending&layout=table&q=Intel%C2%AE%20845%20Chipset%20Family

Ok, so have a go at that, and let us know.
//ark
-Moderator/Contributor
Hi!

I reinstalled the windows before about 2 weeks, i installed the chipset utility and nothing changed! :(