Some keys don't work, nothing wrong with the keyboard.

Closed
MariaJasmine Posts 2 Registration date Friday February 21, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 22, 2014 - Feb 21, 2014 at 08:45 AM
MariaJasmine Posts 2 Registration date Friday February 21, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 22, 2014 - Feb 22, 2014 at 03:45 AM
Ok guys so I have this huge problem and I would be eternally grateful if someone helped me. My laptop is the 10.5 inch vaio ultrabook pro 13 touchscreen with windows 8.1. It's hardly two months old and was working perfectly until last night. I've spent hours trying to fix it but I can't seem to get it right. The touchscreen works fine but I somehow messed up my keyboard settings and now half the letters of my keyboard don't work and neither do the backspace the esc and the delete. I'm sure it's not a hardware problem though cause none of the keys were functioning in the beginning and I did something and made some of them work. It's frustrating and I've already checked in the BIOS and there's nothing. I thought it was a NumLock issue but I don't have a NumLock key on the keyboard and my setting in regedit is in 0.

please , if anyone knows something let me know, I'm pretty desperate. Any advice is appreciated.. thanks
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 21, 2014 at 10:15 PM
Does this PC have multi-language support? Sometimes PC's are shipped with multiple languages and multiple keyboard definitions installed. It's then possible to change keyboard definitions so that you have a mismatch between the keyboard and the installed display language. But this usually effects only a few keys. For example in Canada you might have support for both French and English. There is what Microsoft has to say:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/enable-keyboard-layouts-for-different-languages-HA010354267.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA010362283

Good Luck
MariaJasmine Posts 2 Registration date Friday February 21, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 22, 2014
Feb 22, 2014 at 03:45 AM
I'm greek so I already have 2 languages enabled, English and Greek. And I've already tried to change the languages and nothing happens :( thank you though :)