CD not Spinning laptop stopped recognizing CD's or DVD's

Closed
Ankurlakhani Posts 1 Registration date Saturday February 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 22, 2014 - Feb 22, 2014 at 07:04 AM
tazmaniac_37752 Posts 9 Registration date Friday February 21, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 23, 2014 - Feb 22, 2014 at 04:13 PM
Hello There,

Recently i burned 3 DVD's from an image file.But now,just after burning the last DVD,suddenly my laptop stopped recognizing CD's or DVD's anymore.i am a bit confused whether it's a hardware or software fault.

i am having Dell Laptop so i ran a Daignostics at boot time.But strangely it is not giving any problem.Also,the Device Manager too is not showing any error.On inserting a CD or DVD,no change appears on the CD drive in windows explorer,it just makes two noises and then nothing.From the noises,it seems that the CD is not spinning and therefore windows can't load it.

Note:On manually spinning the CD with hands and then quickly inserting it,the typical spinning sound that comes from the drive increases for 3-4 seconds as if it is now going to load.

What should i do now.Is there any solution other than repairing or replacing it??
Related:

1 response

tazmaniac_37752 Posts 9 Registration date Friday February 21, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 23, 2014 1
Feb 22, 2014 at 04:13 PM
I was told by a pro that the lasers in burners and players usually only last around 2 years before they burn out depending on how much they are used. I do know that when a laser burns out it dont usually give any kind of warning when it goes it goes, it might just be that your burners time is up!