Error message \Boot\BCD Status Oxc00000e9

Closed
lucylou123 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday 23 February 2014 Status Member Last seen 23 February 2014 - 23 Feb 2014 à 14:29
xpcman Posts 19528 Registration date Wednesday 8 October 2008 Status Contributor Last seen 15 June 2019 - 23 Feb 2014 à 15:03
I have a compaq presario I get the black screen saying error occurred by unplugging external uSB drive. I have tried going into BIOS and resetting the boot order but I don't have a windows disk as product was already installed in the laptop. Is there anyway I can get windows back?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19528 Registration date Wednesday 8 October 2008 Status Contributor Last seen 15 June 2019 1,824
23 Feb 2014 à 15:03
Is the BIOS currently set to boot from the C drive or is it trying to boot from another drive letter?

If the internal hard drive is ("C") is functional then it should be easy to reset the BIOS boot sequence. If you have replaced the hard drive then you will need a valid Windows disk to reinstall the OS. Or you could instal another OS like Linux (Ubuntu is quite good and is free).