Some folders are missing from my pen drive due virus attacke

Closed
meganadh - Feb 25, 2014 at 02:21 AM
silhouttejames Posts 27 Registration date Friday February 7, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 19, 2014 - Feb 27, 2014 at 02:49 AM
Hello,

Some folders are missed from my pendrive. videos also missed. but videos are playing with USB supported TV. please solve my problem
Related:

2 responses

carminabigue Posts 620 Registration date Tuesday March 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2015 125
Feb 25, 2014 at 10:16 PM
Hello,

If you did not format your flash drive, then check whether the files are not in

hidden mode.

Click on "Start" -->Run-->type cmd and click on OK.

Here I assume your pendrive as G:

Enter this command.

attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*

Note : Replace the letter g with your flash drive letter.

Now check for your files in Pen Drive.

After that, download the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the below link

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Update it --> Perform "Full Scan"

Note : Default selected option is "Quick Scan".

Good Luck.

Regards!
silhouttejames Posts 27 Registration date Friday February 7, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 19, 2014 52
Feb 27, 2014 at 02:49 AM
Here's how to recover your files.

1. Open start menu and browse for command prompt or just press Windows Key + R (see how to open command prompt). Write cmd and press ok.

2. You are now on command prompt. Write the code below then press enter.

Note that f is your flash drive.

3. Wait for the command prompt to execute the code. You"ll know if it is executed if the command prompt is ready to receive new command again

4. Check your flash drive. It will contain 3 or 4 files and 1 folder or only 1 folder with no name. Delete all the files except for the folder. It contains all your missing files. Reorganize your files or rename the folder.

That's it! Hope it help.