Windows cant install after format

Closed
3ali5ashab Posts 1 Registration date Sunday March 16, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 16, 2014 - Mar 16, 2014 at 03:35 PM
leonnyx Posts 1176 Registration date Sunday March 16, 2014 Status Contributor Last seen October 11, 2019 - Mar 16, 2014 at 11:42 PM
so i have a dell laptop , i used it for 4 months , then i turned on 'automatic updates' and after installing updates it restarted but wont start again , its stuck at system repair , using a windows 7 ultimate dvd i formatted the disks and installed windows , it installs normally but it stops after restarting , a box with 'windows cannot install windows , reinstall windows after restart' i press the 'ok' button and it start from zero .. i really need your help guys , i have a dell laptop with 4 GB RAM and 650 GB HDD . :)
Related:

1 response

leonnyx Posts 1176 Registration date Sunday March 16, 2014 Status Contributor Last seen October 11, 2019 2
Mar 16, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Make a troubleshoot

1.Burn another copy of your Windows.

2.Remove all but 2GB of RAM and try the install like that.PC RAM is extremely susceptible to stray, static electric charges generated by being physically handled; be sure to unplug/power-down the PC and bleed off any residual charge using the PC power button before you remove it.

3.In the PC BIOS make sure the "Storage Controller" is set to AHCI mode rather than IDE mode or if it's set to AHCI set it to PATA/IDE, try it both ways.

4.Perhaps install in IDE mode and enable AHCI mode after the install completes.

Try this 4 first.