How to change mac address of Local Area Connection from cmd line

Closed
Praneeth6788 Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday March 19, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 19, 2014 - Mar 19, 2014 at 04:11 PM
 Blocked Profile - Mar 19, 2014 at 04:39 PM
I want to know how to change mac address of local area connection using command (I know some softwares which can do this but how to do it from command line?)
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Mar 19, 2014 at 04:22 PM
Dear sir,

For what purpose do you wish to make changes to this bit?

Scraped from WIKI:
MAC addresses are most often assigned by the manufacturer of a network interface controller (NIC) and are stored in its hardware, such as the card's read-only memory or some other firmware mechanism. If assigned by the manufacturer, a MAC address usually encodes the manufacturer's registered identification number and may be referred to as the burned-in address (BIA). It may also be known as an Ethernet hardware address (EHA), hardware address or physical address. This can be contrasted to a programmed address, where the host device issues commands to the NIC to use an arbitrary address.

Anything else would be considered hacking, and unless you can describe the application in which you are attempting to make changes to your PC environemnet, I am not certain we can help.

Please post back and let us know why you need to change your mac. Do you even understand how to make a hexidecimal number?

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" - Oliver Sykes; Bring Me The Horizon
Blocked Profile
Mar 19, 2014 at 04:24 PM
I will be honest the easiest way is to change hardware....HAVE FUN!
Praneeth6788 Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday March 19, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 19, 2014
Mar 19, 2014 at 04:28 PM
Is that so,try googling 'how to change mac?' also try this 'how to spoof mac address?'
Blocked Profile
Mar 19, 2014 at 04:31 PM
Then what is your question?
Praneeth6788 Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday March 19, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 19, 2014
Mar 19, 2014 at 04:33 PM
my question is how to do it from command line
Blocked Profile
Mar 19, 2014 at 04:34 PM
I thought google answered that. You may percieve that the code is being changed, but it isn't. You are renaming it the OS for ease of administration, sir!