No audio devices installed...

Closed
Stacey - Apr 1, 2014 at 12:05 AM
iamdinesh Posts 69 Registration date Tuesday December 4, 2012 Status Member Last seen March 9, 2018 - Apr 5, 2014 at 11:10 AM
A friend of mine came over and ran some updates and cleaned up my system. He told me he didn't do anything with the sound. Now I am not able to hear any sound from my computer. I have an HDMI cable running to my HDTV and the sound usually plays through my stereo system. Cables are all connected properly. When I click on the sound manager it says there are no audio devices plugged into the system. When I click on devices it says that windows cannot play audio because Windows audio service is not enabled. Would you like to enable it? I click yes...it says no audio devices are installed. Sound is not muted. I went into system, then device manager and double clicked on sound, video and game controllers. It shows two items: Intel(R) High Definition Audio HDMI and Realtek High Definition Audio. Right click each one, properties and then the driver tab. Both are updated and enabled. I do not know what to do. Any help or guidance would be much appreciated!
Related:

3 responses

iamdinesh Posts 69 Registration date Tuesday December 4, 2012 Status Member Last seen March 9, 2018 22
Apr 1, 2014 at 07:12 AM
it may possibly to have a corrupted driver try to re-install audio driver Realtek High Definition Audio ... plz reply for further help
I tried uninstalling and re-installing the audio driver. This did not fix the issue. I still have no sound. Still saying that the device is working properly and up to date. I am completely at a loss. Also today the computer went into sleep mode and I had to restart the system to get it out.
iamdinesh Posts 69 Registration date Tuesday December 4, 2012 Status Member Last seen March 9, 2018 22
Apr 5, 2014 at 11:10 AM
hello stacey
now i want to ask you which operating system do you use .... try this one just double click on speaker icon which is situated at the tray and check whether in general tab the device is is use or not coz something is not as .... as it should have to be
and reply on this topic