Samsung NP535U3C

Closed
Sisik2205 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday April 2, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2014 - Apr 2, 2014 at 08:51 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Apr 2, 2014 at 03:05 PM
Hello Kioskea society,

I've a problem that is pretty similiar to problems I've read about on this forum, but then the notebook I'm using doesn't have a normally removable battery.

So basically what happened was that when I've tried to re-install my OS (from Win8 to Win7) and had to make some changes in the bios as normally I couldn't choose my USB drive in boot priority. I've then installed Windows 7 and resetted the bios config's to how it was before I've changed anything, but then after reset all I'm getting is the black screen. I can't really get into bios again, there is no POST, no Samsung logo etc. I can see the backlight on the monitor and HDD indicator lights a few times at the very beginning but then it disappears.

I've read that normally you would take the battery of, wait x seconds and so on, but I can't really take out the battery normally so I would have to take apart whole computer to take it out. When I've contacted Samsung support they have said that it's probably faulty bios issue and they said that I should service my laptop.

And here is my question as I don't really trust that it's the only solution. Is there no other way to fix this issue other than giving it to the service? Thanks in advance for any help provided.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 2, 2014 at 03:05 PM
I doubt it's a BIOS issue. But, it still needs to be sent to Samsung service. I suspect it's a power issue with the motherboard.

Good Luck