Can't send emails from Outlook

Closed
firemanlou Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday April 9, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 10, 2014 - Apr 10, 2014 at 08:16 AM
 Blocked Profile - Apr 10, 2014 at 09:02 AM
I'm unable to send emails but able to receive. I've followed the protocol that others have suggested but a window keeps appearing that my password is incorrect. This computer is about 5 years old and has never asked for a password before and I don't know what it is. How do I change the password or is there a way to circumvent this window?
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Apr 10, 2014 at 09:02 AM
Ok hang in there. Something has changed. so you need ot figure out if it was on the client side, or th eserver side. To accomplish this, go to the WEBPORTAL of the email you are attempting to access...can you log in from their portal? If so, then administer the proper setting for your account in the client. If you cannot log in using their portal, then you do not have the correct username and password.

The reason you can receive but not send, is you do not have to be authenticated to receive mail, only to receive.

Have you checked with your ISP to see if their email settings have changed? You are paying for tech support through your ISP, see what they say!