CD-ROM Drive icon doesn't appear in My Computer.

Solved/Closed
bramossjyjy Posts 12 Registration date Wednesday April 9, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 27, 2015 - Apr 11, 2014 at 04:09 PM
 Gwenny - Oct 22, 2014 at 05:54 PM
hi good day
can you help me please I cant see my cd\dvd drive icon anymore . I tried all tricks that I Google on the internet it doesn't help. any one with solution can assist please.
when I insert cd inside it shows that is playing on the hard drive.

thanks
Related:

4 responses

bramossjyjy Posts 12 Registration date Wednesday April 9, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 27, 2015 1
Apr 12, 2014 at 12:20 AM
thanks oliver

i mean im using windows xp 32bit . when I switch on my computer a green light go on showing that my CD-Rom is working, but the icon doesn't show on computer .

do you understand now oliver?

thanks
bramossjyjy Posts 12 Registration date Wednesday April 9, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 27, 2015 1
Apr 12, 2014 at 06:15 PM
thanks jack

i tried '' FIX IT'' it says it cant find my device, I did everything I supposed to do. is not helping. im thinking of uninstall ''windows xp'' as the operation is ended.

i will install windows vista or windows 7

thanks very much for your effort
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 12, 2014 at 05:29 AM
Hello,

Permit me to add few lines.

Try this 1

If you failed to get your CD-ROM Drive icon then

1) Click on Start --> Run --> Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

"Device Manager" window will be opened. Make sure that your CD-Drive is shown

in the device manager under "DVD/CD-ROM drives". If its missing then check the

connections to your drive. Try changing your CD-Rom Data Cable.

2) If you notice any yellow mark on your drive in device manager then follow

the below instructions.

Click on Start --> In search box, type regedt32 and press "Enter"

Registry editor will be opened.

Backup your registry by going to File --> Export and save the file with any name.

Now on the left side, navigate to the location

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SYSTEM --> CurrentControlSet --> Control

----> Class ---> Click on {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

At right side delete these files if u find it

upper filters,lower filters,upper filters.bak,lower filters.bak and then restart your

PC.

Good Luck.
Thank you!

You're the only person to have posted anywhere on the internet, let alone on this site, that I unerstood! I'm not a technophobe but im not a Computer Whizz either and your method was written simply and clearly without any over complicated jargon.

So again......THANK YOU!!!
Apr 12, 2014 at 10:06 AM
hi jack

i follow all steps I found that there is a yellow exclamation , when I click on class and check that files, I dont have that upper,lower filter .

please help
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 12, 2014 at 02:57 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
Click on the below hyperlink "Fix it".
Fix it
Follow the instructions given in "Resolution 2:". Make sure you download the "Fix it" for Windows XP.
Good Luck