Mario Kart 64 is a legendary hit of its genre, and you always had a good time playing on your good old Nintendo 64 in the past. Don't worry; you can now enjoy the genuine experience of the successor of Super Mario Kart on your PC or mobile device. Here we provide you with the Mario Kart 64 ROM game for free. Join all the racers starring the Mario universe characters, fight and race on the numerous tracks, and win the championships.
- Reveal your inner driver: Drive fast, collect the boxes along the track, and cleverly use the objects you will find in them. Your objects will depend on your position to ensure you always have a chance to win, so hang on the wheel, keep your head down, disqualify your opponents, and win the race.
- The circuits: Mario Kart 64 offers up to 16 different courses spread across four various cups. Every race will be a travel in a unique and stylish universe.
- New objects: Developers have added new objects in addition to the previous title. You will find all the ones you already know, plus new ones, including the ruthless blue shell, the tricky fake boxes, and more. Every object is valuable and can be a game-changer if you use it correctly.
- More opportunities: It was true that you only had a limited number of chances to win in a circuit, but you can now repeat the course until you finish it among the first four positions.
- Eight playable characters: Embody your favorite character among the 8 available ones. Carefully choose as they are categorized into three groups depending on their speed, weight, and acceleration capabilities. For example, peach, Toad, and Yoshi are light; Mario and Luigi are medium; DK, Wario, and Bowser are heavy.
Contrary to its predecessor, Mario Kart 64 features excellent 3D graphics (in 1997). You will enjoy new cars, characters, and good graphic quality.
Mario Kart 64 has multiple game modes and provides up to four levels of difficulty that bring even more challenge:
- Mario Grand Prix: Players compete against the CPU.
- Against the clock: A fast-paced game without objects.
- Versus mode: Several players can compete against each other.
- Battle mode: Balloons are added and the main objective is to pop those that belong to your rivals.
What do the reviews say?
It has been rated 83/100 on Metacritic.
"It's one of those simple games that you know you'll be coming back to long after the latest racers have run out of gas." (Hot Games)
It has been classified as PEGI 3 so it can be considered suitable for all audiences.
How to install and play Mario Kart 64?
This is super easy. You just need to follow these simple instructions:
- Download the Mario 64 ROM file we provide you at the top of the page
- If you don't already have a Nintendo 64 emulator on your PC, you can download Project64.
- Start your Nintendo 64 emulator, select the Mario Kart 64 ROM file, launch the game, and enjoy.
Mario Kart 64 is compatible with any operating system such as Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and more, as long as you have a Nintendo 64 emulator.