Creating lists that are conditional on info in other cells

Closed
Vishk Posts 1 Registration date Friday May 2, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 2, 2014 - May 2, 2014 at 01:09 PM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - May 6, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Hi there,
I'm new here so I'll try and explain as best I can. This is probably really easy but I can't quite find the correct formula to do it, I assume it's some kind of sorting function.

I have two columns, they look like this :

A.....................B
Mosaic............Draft
Urban S..........Site
Jubilee............Site
Urban S..........Site
Jubilee............Draft
Mosaic............Site
Inter...............Draft
Mosaic............Site
Inter...............Draft
Jubilee............Draft

Column A is developer names, Column B is Plan Type.
In column C, I want a list of all the Developer Names that are of a Draft Plan Type.
In column D, I want a list of all the Developer Names that are of a Site Plan Type.

Eventually I will have hundreds of Developer Names of each Plan Type. I'd like it so that every time I put information in columns A and B, columns C and D will automatically populate with this new, sorted information.

Please help and please don't laugh at how easy this probably was to figure out :)

Thank you!

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
May 6, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Hi Vishk,

Why do you want to use 2 extra columns for that?

Just apply AutoFilter and whenever you want/need to see "Draft" developers, filter on Draft.

Otherwise to automate the process we would have to use macro's and that isn't easy.

Best regards,
Trowa