Help with LCD screen on Dell Laptop? What to do? (With Video)

Closed
javytheman Posts 1 Registration date Thursday May 8, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2014 - May 8, 2014 at 06:55 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - May 23, 2014 at 02:34 PM
Ok, so here's how the story goes. I've had this pc for several months now(its probably a few years old since a hospital gave to me after saying the battery doesn't charge) and the message the nvidia kernel mode has recovered from a crash (or something very similar to that) has happened occasionally usually resulting in the pc going black for a few seconds then working again. this weekend a bunch of stuff went wrong, it gave me the blue screen of death about twice in one day. then the video driver (which is the same mentioned above) crashed about 4 times consecutively. it would do it at completely random times before hand . my question is, what do i do? it's no longer under warranty. One thing i noticed is that when i start it up i enter my password blindly since i cant see due to the screen not showing properly and boots up fine its just the display is screwed up somehow. Can anyone tell me how to fx this?
thxx!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w88cTGteJ8E theres the vid.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
May 23, 2014 at 02:34 PM
It's probably a problem with either the screen or the video chip.

Problem is it will probably cost more to fix than to buy a new laptop.