Internet browser not working

Closed
Nathalie - Jul 15, 2014 at 12:40 AM
2011N2 Posts 13352 Registration date Saturday January 29, 2011 Status Security contributor Last seen December 24, 2016 - Jul 16, 2014 at 02:53 AM
Hello,
Recently my internet browsers aren't working. The internet works fine but none of the browsers work(I've tried chrome and ie.) At first I tried this command and it worked the first time: netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
but when I closed the internet and reopened it the error message began again. It says this for chrome: google chrome has stopped working- a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
I think my computer might have a virus? Can anyone help me with this issue? I'm on windows vista. Thanks!

Related:

1 response

2011N2 Posts 13352 Registration date Saturday January 29, 2011 Status Security contributor Last seen December 24, 2016 39
Jul 16, 2014 at 02:53 AM
Hello,

To help you and prescribe the remedy, I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a log.

1. Open this link and download ZHPDiag2 :

https://www.zebulon.fr/telechargements/securite/systeme/zhpdiag.html

(Don't be alarmed is the site is in French, it sometimes happens, the tool will take your system language and allow the download if you get a warning message.)

2. Save the file on your Desktop.

3. Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the installation instructions.

(For Vista and Win 7 users, click right to ensure you execute with admin right)

The tool creates three icons ZHPDiag, MRB, and ZHPFix (If necessary,we will use ZHPFix after log analysis).

4. Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.

5. If you need to change the language, click on the little house, (bottom right) and change to English

6. Click on Full options.

Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)

7. Close ZHPDiag.

8. To transmit the report, click on this link :

https://authentification.site

9. Search the directory where you installed ZHPDiag (usually C:\desktop\zhpdiag.txt).

10. Select the file ZHPDiag.txt.

11. Click on "upload »

12. Copy the URL and post it here.

Gabriel.