I have internet but browsers won't work [Solved/Closed]

Lakeman - Apr 22, 2012 at 01:25 PM - Latest reply:  CarlSimms
- Apr 12, 2018 at 09:09 AM
Hello,
I have been struggling with this for several days now. I have windows 7 and suddelny my browsers stoped working (IE, Firefox, Chrome) Sometimes I have acces for 3 to 5 mins every hour or so but the problem starts again. I have wireless connection all the time in this my smartphone and the torrents in my pc work fiine. I have deleted my McAfee antivirus and suspended my windows forewall and nothing, but when I enter the ip adress of google.com for instance I am able to access the site. Im
This is driving me crazy so any help would be really appreciated. Tjank you

<config>iPhone / Safari 533.1</config
See more 

31 replies

Best answer
Thank you
"2) If the problem still exists then click on Start --> In search box, type cmd --> Then "CMD" will be displayed in the search --> Now right-click on "CMD" ---> Select "Run as administrator".
Now enter this command
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt 

Press "Enter".

Now enter these commands :

netsh winsock reset catalog
--> Press Enter

netsh int ip reset reset.log hit
--> Press Enter.

Reboot your computer"

I had the exact same thing happen to me and this solution fixed it for me! Thanks you so much! It's nice to have computer techs!

Thank you, Cobra19 684

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1757 users this month

Thank you, you saved my sanity!
Worked great for Me! Thanks.
Thank you
Thanks buddy,

you made my day........your advice worked :)

Click Start --> Run --> In search box, type cmd --> Then "CMD" will be

displayed in the search --> Now right-click on "CMD" ---> Select "Run as

administrator".

Now enter this command

netsh winsock reset catalog --> Press Enter

netsh int ip reset reset.log hit --> Press Enter.

Restart your PC.
Rpmkel 3 Posts Thursday September 25, 2014Registration date September 25, 2014 Last seen - Sep 25, 2014 at 02:33 AM
Oops. Spoke too soon. That fix did not stick. The same problem is back.
Rpmkel 3 Posts Thursday September 25, 2014Registration date September 25, 2014 Last seen - Sep 25, 2014 at 10:33 AM
So I ended up unchecking in Settings both the boxes for enabling hardware acceleration and the one for enabling apps to continue to run in background and then uninstalling and re-installing the Chrome browser and I seem to be back in business.
Thanks,
great!!
the only thing is that the last word in the 2nd cmd it is not «reset.log» but «resetlog»
Thanks anyway
Ricardo
Omg thanks!!!!
Thank you guys it will work