Excel macro

Closed
SherlynPeh Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday August 5, 2014 Status Member Last seen August 14, 2014 - Aug 5, 2014 at 09:48 PM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Aug 7, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Hi,
I'm doing a project which requires excel macros but I'm not familiar with it.
There are 2 worksheets 'AMBS Master' and 'fy2013'.
The data between the 2 worksheets is linked. (if you change the 'AMBS Master' worksheets values it will change the 'fy2013' worksheets values)
Under the worksheet called 'AMBS Master'
There are different columns stating eg. project code, project leader, project member, project title... etc etc
Under the project member column, it's supposed to be blank unless new member is added.
Now my question is whenever any new member is keyed into the worksheet, when I hit enter, the name will automatically update in another worksheet called 'fy2013'.
But now its the complicated part, the new member that is keyed in must match with the correct project leader and create a new row right below the project leader and fill in the others information like the project title, start date, end date etc identical to the project leader.
Under the 'fy2013' wk, there are different columns stating eg. name of staff, project title, start date, end date...etc etc

Thank you !
Related:

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Aug 7, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Hi SherlynPeh,

I'm having a hard time figuring out what you are trying to achieve.

For what I understand now is that you want an empty row between entry's on the "fy2013" sheet.

Could you provide a small sample of how it is now and how you foresee it?

Best regards,
Trowa