How to expand my laptop partition space?

Solved/Closed
Quellasono Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday September 2, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 2, 2014 - Sep 2, 2014 at 04:16 AM
johnebadbak74 Posts 95 Registration date Monday May 19, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 14, 2015 - Sep 2, 2014 at 10:50 PM
I have arranged enough space for every partition to hold different laptop data. However, recently, after updating my Windows XP to Windows 7, something strange just happens. When I tried to install an interesting game, a notice was popped out and told me my C partition was in low disk space. In this morning, when installing a smaller photo editing tool, I also got the same low disk space problem. Do you know what to do for removing this problem? How can I expand my C partition? Or I have to buy another larger drive to instead of the original one? Thank you for any idea!
Related:

3 responses

ps1996 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday September 2, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 2, 2014
Sep 2, 2014 at 11:24 AM
You can go to star menu clink on computer manage and you will see lot of information go and clink on disk management and you will see thr partition space the one that have enough space right clink and shrink volume and fellow the information and you go to next and next and wait after that you will see the space partition okay
Andrean0 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday September 2, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 2, 2014
Sep 2, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Hey, the ways for you to resolve this low disk space problem could be different according to your different conditions:
* If there is too unnecessary files or programs stored on this C partition, clean them all up to free some free space.
* If there is enough free space on other partition, like D, E or F partitions, you can open Disk Management, delete or shrink the partition with free space and add the free space to your C partition there.
* If the free space is not adjacent to your C partition, you also can use a partition resizing tool to extend this partition, like GParted, IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free and Active Partition Master, etc.
* But, if there is no any free space left on the same physical drive, just buy a larger one to replace the old one.
No matter what your conditions are, just save all partition data on other places in case of data loss.
johnebadbak74 Posts 95 Registration date Monday May 19, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 14, 2015 14
Sep 2, 2014 at 10:50 PM
with old xp machines the size of the hdd you can install is limited

you may have to copy all data to usb connected drive and make the internal drive all "C"