Please help me with this about wireless connection

Closed
harrydianto Posts 5 Registration date Monday September 8, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 7, 2015 - Sep 8, 2014 at 04:48 AM
harrydianto Posts 5 Registration date Monday September 8, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 7, 2015 - Sep 10, 2014 at 04:40 AM
i have problem about internet connection, it isn't worked for 5-10 seconds then back to normal again, when everytime i click the network icon on the right side of taskbar..

when i check connection status, speed receive doesn't run about 5-10 seconds, then go back to normal again..

my explorer is windows 7 ultimate
status network icon after and before i click still looks like work as usual

please help me to resolve my problem.. thanks in advance

6 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 8, 2014 at 11:29 AM
OK log into the router and change the Channel it is on. It sounds as though another wireless device is possibly using the same frequnecy as your router. If it is the ISP router, tell them it drops, it is theirs, have them fix it!
harrydianto Posts 5 Registration date Monday September 8, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 7, 2015
Sep 8, 2014 at 11:50 AM
thanks for reply ac3mark

sorry, i still don't get it.. i mean everytime i click the network icon, suddenly the internet connection stop working.. about 5-10 seconds then back to normal again. i don't know why it did happen.. it had 4 days like this.. i want to fix it, unless i will never get a chance to click the network icon...
Blocked Profile
Sep 8, 2014 at 01:09 PM
OK, let me explain how your router works. It has about 12 different "channels" of frequencies in it. These frequncies range from low to high.

You must change the frequency of the signal your device is using, as it could be using the same "channel" as some other wireless device, like a phone, or security cameras. I have even seen garage door openers cause synch to lost on wireless devices. If you still have no idea of what I am talking about, then let me know this, is this your own device or your ISP's? If it is the ISP, then contact tech support and tell them to cancel your services as you cannot hook into their router.

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" - Oliver Sykes; Bring Me The Horizon
harrydianto Posts 5 Registration date Monday September 8, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 7, 2015
Sep 9, 2014 at 08:28 AM
thanks for reply ac3mark

my wireless connection use 5Ghz, the signal is low because range for N-wireless 5Ghz is not far than 2.4Ghz.. my initial channel is auto.. i have bought this wireless adapter since 1 month ago, initially was fined.. but this problem has appeared since 1 week before.. the problem is appeared after i click the network icon, the internet connection suddenly stop working about 5-10 seconds.. the status network icon seems okay, but received on the status doesn't run.. i think now i find this weird problem.. please help me to fix it.. thanks

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Blocked Profile
Sep 9, 2014 at 01:23 PM
Ok, turn the N off, and use G only. YOu adaptors is ont N compatible, so it is receing fine, but just can't tell the router it is still there. Turn it to G only.
Sep 10, 2014 at 04:40 AM
okay, i will try using G..

but someone said that Every time i click that icon my computer has to start paying attention to other wireless transmissions around me in order to show me their ssids. For that 5 seconds, it's just thinking a bit harder.

That icon btw only tells me how good the signal i'm receiving from the wap, doesn't tell me how good the wap can hear my transmissions.

thanks for help ac3mark