Computer media centre connections

Closed
donnahcbc Posts 2 Registration date Monday March 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2009 - Mar 12, 2009 at 11:13 AM
melmel.cz Posts 17 Registration date Wednesday September 3, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2009 - Mar 13, 2009 at 03:22 AM
Hello,

I have a media centre pc which is in the office, and want to connect it to 2, eventually 3 tv's, what is the best way of doing this. This is connected to Satellite tv and I want to watch live tv through the PC on the big screen tv, as well as streamm DVD's and Music. Can I use LAN to a media centre extender and then connect by HDMI or DVI cable to the TV.
Related:

1 response

melmel.cz Posts 17 Registration date Wednesday September 3, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2009
Mar 13, 2009 at 03:22 AM
hi,
A scan converter is a device that translates the computer's video signal into standard TV formats. You may need to set up a scan converter to connect your computer and TV if, between them, the two do not support any compatible combination of AV cable technologies like S-Video, HDMI, DVI or HDMI-to-DVI or VGA . Newer televisions, however, generally support multiple types of digital inputs, and finding the right cable should not be too difficult.