Can't access Facebook, other websites are fine [Solved/Closed]

Registration date
Wednesday October 1, 2014
Last seen
October 8, 2014
-
Hi, I need you or anyone's help so bad, It has been 5days now since I wasn't able to access my facebook on my laptop and it is so frustrating! Facebook doesn't load while the other websites are working fine! (NOTE: it is only happening on my laptop at home, I can access my facebook on other connection)It keeps on saying "Webpage Not Available" I tried everything but still nothing happens. I'm badly needed anyone's help, facebook is the only way I can communicate with my family while working abroad! Please help me :(

PS: My laptop is Windows 8.1, I am using Google Chrome, I have firefox and internet explorer before but since this problem occurs I uninstall firefox and internet explorer.
See more 

5 replies

Best answer
approved by Jean-François Pillou on Nov 26, 2018
Registration date
Last seen
October 8, 2014
Thank you
Hi Ambucias, thanks for the help. Although I tried everything and still nothing good, a miracle happened yesterday. I don't know if there's any significance, but all I did was just logged off my facebook account on my phone (android) then wait for few minutes and then re-login it again (on phone). After a while when it successfully logged in on my phone, I restarted my laptop (from where I can't access facebook website. Then everything works fine, no more unavailable facebook website anymore. I think the main cause of the problem is the synchronization of my android phone to my laptop. Thanks again!

Say "Thank you" 10

Glad we were able to help! Love us? Write us a review! Rate CCM

CCM 4534 users have said thank you to us this month

Thanks, I have been having this same issue and just can't figure out what to do. I am trying what you suggest now.
> Alexandra -
Well , it didn't work, still won't open up. Won't even load the page at all it just stops still.
Thank you--this fixed the 'blank screen' problem for me on my laptop! Very grateful for the help!
i just having the same problem now , i can't open facebook and youtube until now still not fixed yet im using window 10. note all browser are have the same problem it said "this site can't be reached "
I'm having the exact same issue. I have tried different DNS servers, etc. Others in the office it works just fine. I can't access facebook at all, I can kind of get to YouTube but the video's are not playing. News sites like CNN and FoxNews will not let me play videos either. I even completely turned off Win10 firewall.

Same issue for all browsers, Chrome, IE and Firefox.
Thank you
Hi Ambucias thanks for sharing your ideas, yes I already did deleting temporary files and cookies, but still the same issue. I even tried configuring "host" which is deleting columns that is mentioning www.facebook.com (although when I configured hosts, by opening it through notepad, there's no facebook whatsoever), I tried uninstall all web browsers and re-installed google chrome, the issue was fixed for 1 day and the next day it occurs again. I also tried to put "s" on http (https://) and still it didn't solved the problems. I'm so helpless now, I can only chat with my parents when I am at work.

---- still waiting for other solution. thanks!
try to restart your pc.
maybe it works. :)
We have the same problem.
but other says,you just restart your pc.
hi, I already solved the problem about facebook webpage.
just clean up your history and caches.
it works
> same problem -
yea no it doesn't
Keep getting ssl connection error
Registration date
Last seen
October 8, 2014
Thank you
PS: My laptop is Windows 8.1, I am using Google Chrome, I have firefox and internet explorer before but since this problem occurs I uninstall firefox and internet explorer.
Registration date
Tuesday September 22, 2015
Last seen
September 22, 2015
Thank you
I have been unable to log in for 2 weeks and have tried everything recommended. I get either a message "Sorry, something went wrong.

We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can." or a blank page.

I was able to reset the password tonight, and got a confirmation message, but it did not help. This is the only site with a problem, and is the same on my desktop and laptop.

This is driving me nuts. Anyone have any ideas?
I also tried logging in after uninstalling AVG and Malwarebytes, as well as turning off the Windows firewall.
Thank you
hi, rcgaffud . i'm having the same problem to you. I see that you said your problem was solved thanks to Ambucias. But actually I can't see the his/her comment. Can you tell me again, plz?
Unbelievable! I had the same problem! Have done the same as you had, & every thing is back to normal! A great post of yours! You started the issue & you yourself closed it so nicely!! Thank you sooooo much!