Can't Access Facebook, other websites are fine [Solved/Closed]

rcgaffud 3 Posts Wednesday October 1, 2014Registration date October 8, 2014 Last seen - Oct 1, 2014 at 01:00 PM - Latest reply:  ACK
- Aug 26, 2017 at 10:20 AM
Hi, I need you or anyone's help so bad, It has been 5days now since I wasn't able to access my facebook on my laptop and it is so frustrating! Facebook doesn't load while the other websites are working fine! (NOTE: it is only happening on my laptop at home, I can access my facebook on other connection)It keeps on saying "Webpage Not Available" I tried everything but still nothing happens. I'm badly needed anyone's help, facebook is the only way I can communicate with my family while working abroad! Please help me :(

PS: My laptop is Windows 8.1, I am using Google Chrome, I have firefox and internet explorer before but since this problem occurs I uninstall firefox and internet explorer.
See more 

30 replies

Best answer
Thank you
Hi Ambucias thanks for sharing your ideas, yes I already did deleting temporary files and cookies, but still the same issue. I even tried configuring "host" which is deleting columns that is mentioning www.facebook.com (although when I configured hosts, by opening it through notepad, there's no facebook whatsoever), I tried uninstall all web browsers and re-installed google chrome, the issue was fixed for 1 day and the next day it occurs again. I also tried to put "s" on http (https://) and still it didn't solved the problems. I'm so helpless now, I can only chat with my parents when I am at work.

---- still waiting for other solution. thanks!

Thank you, rcgaffud 1

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1813 users this month

try to restart your pc.
maybe it works. :)
We have the same problem.
but other says,you just restart your pc.
hi, I already solved the problem about facebook webpage.
just clean up your history and caches.
it works
asshole > same problem - Jun 22, 2015 at 06:25 PM
yea no it doesn't
Keep getting ssl connection error
rcgaffud 3 Posts Wednesday October 1, 2014Registration date October 8, 2014 Last seen - Oct 1, 2014 at 01:02 PM
Thank you
PS: My laptop is Windows 8.1, I am using Google Chrome, I have firefox and internet explorer before but since this problem occurs I uninstall firefox and internet explorer.
rcgaffud 3 Posts Wednesday October 1, 2014Registration date October 8, 2014 Last seen - Oct 8, 2014 at 03:56 AM
Thank you
Hi Ambucias, thanks for the help. Although I tried everything and still nothing good, a miracle happened yesterday. I don't know if there's any significance, but all I did was just logged off my facebook account on my phone (android) then wait for few minutes and then re-login it again (on phone). After a while when it successfully logged in on my phone, I restarted my laptop (from where I can't access facebook website. Then everything works fine, no more unavailable facebook website anymore. I think the main cause of the problem is the synchronization of my android phone to my laptop. Thanks again!
hi, rcgaffud!! Unbelievable! I had the same problem! Have done the same as you had, & every thing is back to normal! A great post of yours! You started the issue & you yourself closed it so nicely!! Thank you sooooo much!
It worked. Thanks.
Thanks, I have been having this same issue and just can't figure out what to do. I am trying what you suggest now.
Alexandra > Alexandra - Jun 29, 2017 at 03:52 AM
Well , it didn't work, still won't open up. Won't even load the page at all it just stops still.
Thank you--this fixed the 'blank screen' problem for me on my laptop! Very grateful for the help!
flyfisher111 1 Posts Tuesday September 22, 2015Registration date September 22, 2015 Last seen - Sep 22, 2015 at 10:36 PM
Thank you
I have been unable to log in for 2 weeks and have tried everything recommended. I get either a message "Sorry, something went wrong.

We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can." or a blank page.

I was able to reset the password tonight, and got a confirmation message, but it did not help. This is the only site with a problem, and is the same on my desktop and laptop.

This is driving me nuts. Anyone have any ideas?
I also tried logging in after uninstalling AVG and Malwarebytes, as well as turning off the Windows firewall.
Thank you
hi, rcgaffud . i'm having the same problem to you. I see that you said your problem was solved thanks to Ambucias. But actually I can't see the his/her comment. Can you tell me again, plz?
Unbelievable! I had the same problem! Have done the same as you had, & every thing is back to normal! A great post of yours! You started the issue & you yourself closed it so nicely!! Thank you sooooo much!
Ambucias 55106 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus September 24, 2018 Last seen - Oct 1, 2014 at 04:21 PM
Thank you
Try deleting all of your temporary files and cookies, it should then work.
Thank you
I have the same problem I can access fb in my android but not in my pc