Downgrade hp pavilion dv5 1110em to XP

Closed
Vasilis Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday March 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2009 - Mar 12, 2009 at 01:26 PM
dineshmsc2 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday June 30, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2013 - Jun 30, 2013 at 07:43 AM
Hello,
I am trying to downgrade from vista to XP. First of all I' d like to know any links for drivers required.
My second problem is, when i' am trying to boot from the XP Pro CD I get, after a while, a blue screen.....
Thank you for your advices!!!
Related:

7 responses

brakers Posts 117 Registration date Sunday August 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2009 40
Mar 12, 2009 at 01:48 PM
Hi There
It seems a lot of people want to do this.
The problem is that I have looked on HP site and the list of drivers for XP is very limited it only lists Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices and software solutions, if you put in that your OS is vista for your model then the list is as long as your arm.
I think unfortunatlly you are going to be out of luck they don't seem to want to support XP on this laptop.

But anyway I would send HP an email to tech support and see if they can sort your drivers out but I don't think they will. Let us know how you get on.
Sorry I could not help.

Kindest Regards Tony B.
If no drivers are available, then they are naitive in Windows XP. In other words, no need to install drivers for Windows XP. I know this because I am a IT Professional.
Asim Systems Analsyt > testcrash
Jul 17, 2009 at 01:48 PM
no dear this is not true that the drivers are native to windows xp.. i have the same brand laptop hp dv5 11263m model but when i installed xp or 2003 no drivers install in it and thats y i hate this product
dineshmsc2 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday June 30, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2013
Jun 30, 2013 at 07:43 AM
I AM successful to by pass blue screen error but after copying all file restart the laptop and i make partition and after that restart laptop again file copying error????????????
Vasilis Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday March 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2009
Mar 12, 2009 at 02:09 PM
Thank you very much. I think that if many people ask about the same think at hp maybe they support XP for this model.... Everyone who has the same problem, send an email to hp, they sell this product and they must support it.
need to format the hard drive then install
yr_love2005 Posts 2 Registration date Monday August 17, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 18, 2009
Aug 18, 2009 at 05:02 AM
dear all brothers i know there is a solution but i cant find the raid controller driver for dv 5 i know one guy he is down grading that model i asked him about that but he didnot tell me we have to ask from hp there is a solution why they are not helping us

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I am currently following the instructions on this site:
http://www.getpcmemory.com/...

i Havnt finished yet - so I cannot say if it works or not... the only thing I know is that Vista doesnt function at all - so what could be worse...

//Q
hello i have all so hp pavilion dv5 i downgrad for vista to xp
first of all i download the bios of xp and install it then downgrad it
it works
Please provide me your cell no or email .. please give me instructions to downgrade Visto to XP. HP - Pavallion dv5 series.

Help would be appreciated.
hi all i have just downgraded this laptop the way to do it is download through a torent windows xp black burn the file it will be bootable cd reboot your system install from cd format your hard drive while installing and thats it of you go with xp { ps when installing from cd dont worry the screen goes blank at first for about 2-5mins while it gets the raid drivers installed } have 100% works